[ltp] ThinkPad T60 with Ubuntu 7.10 - sleep and hibernate not working

Jarl Aanonsen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 09:46:08 +0200

------=_Part_30784_31704094.1191483968469

Hi,
I have recently purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad T60 2007FUG,
and have installed Ubuntu 7.10 on it. (I have installed the
properietary driver for ATI Mobility Radeon X1400.)

Most things seems to work properly.

But sleep [Fn+F4] as in suspend to RAM and hibernate [Fn+F12]
as in suspend to disk don't work.

The screen goes blank, the suspend light (a half moon) turns on and
off continuously, and the fan is on. And the system stays locked in this
mode.

I have tried some of the suggestion I have found on ThinkWiki
(www.thinkwiki.org), without result. (I have tried to the following
during suspend:
- disable powernowd,
- unload the IPW3945 module and
- disable video card warm boot.)

But I don't find a more general strategy for solving these problems.
It is also hard to find information on how these mechanism work in
Linux and Ubuntu.

Does anyone have any specific suggestions I can try? Or some more
genereal advices?

Where can I find information relevant for solving these problems?

Any help is much appreciated?
Regards
-Jarl-