[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.17-20071002 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:22:59 +0200

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 17:53:53 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

[...]

> If that happened, then there you go: as soon as userspace knows it can use
> thinkpad-acpi for it, you won't need tpb or thinkpad-keys anymore.

I'm using tpb to get a nice OSD when I press one of the Thinkpad
specific keys, so I assume that I still need tpb, right? Brightness,
sound level and the light work without tpb. The only use appart from
that I could imagine is that I can let tpb do something when I press
the Thinkpad button, but I don't use that.

Regards,
Tino