[ltp] Re: t41 with 1Gig only recognized 906Meg

Dan Sawyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 07 Oct 2007 06:22:08 -0700

--------------000303080808030608090309

Thanks all. I will rebuild the kernel.

Daniel Pittman wrote:
> Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@earthlink.net> writes:
>

>> The system is a T41 with 1Gig ram. Linux only recognizes 900
>> Meg. Fedora Linux recognized 1 Gig. What is the config parm to
>> recognize 1 Gig?
>>

> CONFIG_HIGHMEM_4GB; that needs to be set in the kernel you are using.
> You will probably find one of the Fedora kernels that support additional
> memory without too much drama.
>
> Regards,
>         Daniel

--------------000303080808030608090309

<head>
</head>
Thanks all. I will rebuild the kernel. <br>
Daniel Pittman wrote:
  <pre wrap="">Dan Sawyer <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:dansawyer@earthlink.net">&lt;dansawyer@earthlink.net&gt;</a> writes:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">The system is a T41 with 1Gig ram. Linux only recognizes 900