[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.17-20071002 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Fri, 5 Oct 2007 21:26:53 +0200

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 17:53:53 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > >   I have received so far *NO* reports from Thinkpads that really benefit
> > >   from NVRAM polling, such as the T23 and T30 and earlier.
> >
> > I didn't know that my T23 is affected, I only read about changes for
> > newer models. I'll try this version now. What exactly do you want the
> > testers to do? So far I only used fan speed and temperature sensors in
> > gkrellm with the version from Linux 2.6.22.
>
> It should be easy, as long as you already use your T23 in ACPI mode.  If you
> don't, thinkpad-acpi can't do much for you (it won't even load).
>
> First, patch the kernel, make sure to enable NVRAM polling when you
> configure the kernel (make oldconfig will ask you about it, for example).
> Then boot, and make sure everything is still working as well as it used to.
>
> Then, please stop tpb and thinkpad-keys so that they don't interfere with
> the test.
>
> Please send to me the output of:
>
> for i in /sys/bus/platform/devices/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_* ; do echo $i ; cat $i ; echo ; done
>
> (all in one line).

$ for i in /sys/bus/platform/devices/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_* ; do echo $i ; cat $i ; echo ; done
/sys/bus/platform/devices/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_all_mask
0x00fb884c

/sys/bus/platform/devices/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_bios_enabled
0

/sys/bus/platform/devices/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_bios_mask
0x0000080c

/sys/bus/platform/devices/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_enable
1

/sys/bus/platform/devices/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_mask
0x0000080c

/sys/bus/platform/devices/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_poll_freq
10

/sys/bus/platform/devices/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_recommended_mask
0x0088084c

/sys/bus/platform/devices/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_report_mode
1

/sys/bus/platform/devices/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_source_mask
0x00fb8000

> Now, run lsinput to find out what is the thinkpad-acpi input device.  You
> want the one named "ThinkPad Extra Buttons".  Note the "/dev/input/event#"
> line, that's the number you will have to give to the input-events command
> below.
>
> Run acpi_listen in one terminal window, and "input-events 5" (if the
> thinkpad-acpi input device was in event5, for example).
>
> Type the hot keys: Access IBM/thinkpad, fn+space (zoom), the brightness and
> volume buttons, the thinklight button.  All should generate acpi events, and
> some should generate input events (thinkpad-acpi doesn't generate input
> events for the volume, brightness and thinklight by default, but you could
> reprogram it to do so if you wanted, using input-kbd).  Does it work?

input-events doesn't show any events for all those keys. acpi_listen
generated no output at all.

This was tested with a T23.

Regards,
Tino