[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.17-20071007 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Sun, 7 Oct 2007 20:02:03 -0300

I have released version 0.17-20071007 of thinkpad-acpi through the
sourceforge.net release system.

Patches are available for 2.6.20, 2.6.21, 2.6.22 and 2.6.23-rc at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=117042&package_id=230205

git users can get it directly from tags in:
git://repo.or.cz/linux-2.6/linux-acpi-2.6/ibm-acpi-2.6.git

I have fixed a lot of stuff on the 16-level brightness support for X60, *61,
as well as the NVRAM poll support for T23, X3x, and many others (including
lots of X4x, T4x and R5x).

Unfortunately, I had to mess with the 16-level brightness support *again*,
because I was doing exactly what I didn't want to (i.e. using something that
is likely to break if Lenovo decided to add ACPI standard brightness support
to thinkpads with 8 brightness levels).

Also, hot key NVRAM polling support was not working on anything that did not
report 0x00ffffff as the hotkey_all_mask, and that includes basically all
models that really need NVRAM polling (argh!).  The changes to fix this one
were *really* extensive.

Please test and report.  I intend to try to get both features into 2.6.24.

  Henrique Holschuh