[ltp] Confirmed: Default nv driver with openSUSE 10.3 just doesn't work on the T61p

Benjamin Thompson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:50:14 -0500

------=_Part_8489_21252557.1192020614535

I'm brand new to this list; hello everyone!

I tried installing twice. The default nv driver that comes with openSUSE
10.3 only gets you a blank screen if you're using a T61p with a Quadro FX
570M video card.

Even attempting to run sax2 or the Display module of YaST in text mode locks
up X and you'll be lucky if you can get back to a command prompt.

I had to go into xorg.conf and manually switch the driver from "nv" to
"vesa" and now I at least have a desktop. The strange thing is that neither
the wallpaper or icons are showing up in the desktop area. I have the
toolbar and all the widgets in it, and Firefox works fine, so I'm not sure
what the issue is in that.

When I get home from work tonight I'll install the driver from nvidia. I'll
let you know how it goes.

-Ben

--
Top of Center - http://www.topofcenter.com
Libertarian news and views podcast brought to you Mondays at 8pm EST by

Get a TalkShoe.com account and listen in LIVE!

------=_Part_8489_21252557.1192020614535

I&#39;m brand new to this list; hello everyone!<br><br>I tried installing twice. The default nv driver that comes with openSUSE 10.3 only gets you a blank screen if you&#39;re using a T61p with a Quadro FX 570M video card.

------=_Part_8489_21252557.1192020614535--