[ltp] thinkfinger and libpam 0.99

Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:38:52 +0300

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 08:46:58PM -0400, George Avrunin wrote:
> Before giving the instructions for giving access to the fingerprint reader
> and the bir-file to get the screensaver to accept the fingerprint, the pa=
ge
> says "In Fedora 7 the package has been modified in such a way as to make
> doing this unnecessary."  But that's not working for me (Fedora 7 x86_64 =
on
> an X60, with thinkfinger-0.3-5.fc7 and gnome-screensaver 2.18.2-2.fc7, wh=
ich
> seem to be the latest versions available).   I do get the "Password or
> swipe finger" prompt when logging in, doing su, etc.
>=20
> Is the note on the thinkwiki page wrong, or is there something else I need
> to do to take advantage of the Fedora modifications?

I don't have Fedora myself.  I'd check first if your user account is
part of the 'fingerprint' group, then whether you can access your .bir
file, then whether the /dev/input/thinkfinger* and /dev/input/uinput
devices are accessible to the fingerprint group.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
One could envision a different approach to persistence (hands wave and
magical stardust appears overhead to percussive indian string music)
where objects in the database were proxied rather than deriving from a
common base class.
	-- Casey Duncan

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3--