[ltp] linux t41 consumes 2 watts on suspend

U Kuehn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 19:15:05 +0200

Dan Sawyer wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. It is a radeon 7500 chip. The problem is after the
> kernel reorg of the graphics section radeonfb gets built but does not
> get used. This is 'new' with 2.6.21 kernels. Are your running a 2.6.21
> or later kernel? If so does it use radeonfb? - Dan

Strange. I used to run 2.6.22.1 on my t41 (same chip) and it worked.
BTW, the machine is currently broken with a damaged bios, cannot enter
setup anymore after POST, and is out of warranty :(
So I cannot test anymore.

If the radeonfb is not used I suspect that you have some other
framebuffer like vesa included. I had radeonfb as the only framebuffer,
maybe you could try this.

Cheers,
Ulrich