[ltp] linux t41 consumes 2 watts on suspend

Thu, 18 Oct 2007 23:27:20 +0300

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 10:27:41AM -0700, Dan Sawyer wrote:
> It's loading something called radeon.

That's the DRI module for X.

You want radeonfb, which is the kernel framebuffer driver and which has
the code to fix power usage during sleep.

IIRC I had to add radeonfb to my /etc/modules to get it to load on
startup.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
"Nothing ever goes missing that they don't look at me, ever since that
time I lost my horse. As if that could be helped. He was white and it
was snowing, what did they expect?"
                -- Dolorous Edd in "A Storm of Swords" by George R. R. Mart=
in

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT--