[ltp] linux t41 consumes 2 watts on suspend

Dan Sawyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:51:27 -0700

--------------050407000601000100060103

That is now making more sense. DRM is getting loaded and preventing
radeonfb from being loaded. Is the correct answer to turn off
config_drm_radeon and make config_fb_radeon=y?
What is config_fb_radeon_i2c?
Should config_fb_radeon_backlight be y or m?

CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m
CONFIG_FB_RADEON=m
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C=y
# CONFIG_FB_RADEON_BACKLIGHT is not set
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_DEBUG=y

Dan

U Kuehn wrote:
> Marius Gedminas wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 10:27:41AM -0700, Dan Sawyer wrote:
>>
>>> It's loading something called radeon.
>>>
>> That's the DRI module for X.
>>
>> You want radeonfb, which is the kernel framebuffer driver and which has
>> the code to fix power usage during sleep.
>>
>> IIRC I had to add radeonfb to my /etc/modules to get it to load on
>> startup.
>>

> Actually I recommend to compile it into the kernel. And make sure that
> no other framebuffer device is loaded. Additional benefit is a 128x48
> text console.
>
> Cheers,
> Ulrich

--------------050407000601000100060103

<head>
</head>
That is now making more sense. DRM is getting loaded and preventing
radeonfb from being loaded. Is the correct answer to turn off
config_drm_radeon and make config_fb_radeon=y? <br>
What is config_fb_radeon_i2c? <br>
Should config_fb_radeon_backlight be y or m? <br>
CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m<br>
CONFIG_FB_RADEON=m<br>
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C=y<br>
# CONFIG_FB_RADEON_BACKLIGHT is not set<br>
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_DEBUG=y<br>
Dan <br>
U Kuehn wrote:
      <pre wrap="">It's loading something called radeon.
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">That's the DRI module for X.

  <pre wrap=""><!---->Actually I recommend to compile it into the kernel. And make sure that