[ltp] Re: Do I actually have a 1920x1200 screen or not?

Ted Frater linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 07:14:37 +0000

Daniel Pittman wrote:

>Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:
>

>>G'day.  I am currently trying to work out for certain if I have a
>>1920x1200 screen in my laptop or not -- in all seriousness.
>>
>>I have a Thinkpad T61p, 6460-74M, which /should/ have a 1920x1200
>>display in it.  At least, I expected it to when I paid for it.
>>

>[...]
>

>>X is working reasonably nicely, but will not do anything larger that
>>1680x1050 -- and the nVidia settings widget claims that in the native
>>panel resolution.[1]
>>

> ...and everything I can manage to test is agrees, so this is the time to
>call me hardware vendor and enquire politely about how I got something a
>little different from what I paid for.
>
>In the end the most convincing thing was to test the VESA BIOS from DOS
>mode using a range of tools, and to try setting the 1920x1200 modes;
>none of the tools listed the higher resolution and nothing succeeded in
>setting the mode.
>
>Regards,
>        Daniel
>
>I suppose I /could/ have counted the pixels by hand...

Can you do something for us all that are interested in your problem?
 Can you measure the exact height and width of your screen/ in inches or
mm's accurate to the nearest mm. or 32nd.
 Because as far as I know the pixels per inch havnt gotten more than
what one has on a standard 1600 by 1200  15.4 diagonal TFT
 like I have in my A21P ?Dell C840  Inspiron 8000 etc. they all use this
res /pixel s per in screen.
 Now if you screen width is say 2.5 in wider but the same height as mine
which is12.125in wide by 9.125 high. by 15.4 diaginal.
You may have a 1920 by 1200
How does yours actuallymeasure up?
Ted
 A thinkpad hardware man.