[ltp] T61/intel: LCD brightness

Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:29:46 +0300

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

I've a Lenovo T61, running Ubuntu Gutsy.

When I first bought it, I noticed that the LCD was much brighter than my
external LCD monitor.  Now, two months later, it looks dimmer than the
same external monitor.  What gives?

xbacklight shows the brightness as 100%.  /proc/acpi/ibm/brightness shows
level 7 out of 7.  AC power is plugged in (if I pull the plug, the LCD
dims a little bit, but it's almost imperceptible).

Are there any other brightness controls that might lower it, or did the
screen just become "tired" over those two months?

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Westheimer's Discovery:
        A couple of months in the laboratory can
        frequently save a couple of hours in the library.

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT--