[ltp] Odd USB+Suspend problem

Mike Kershaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:51:19 -0400

--rqzD5py0kzyFAOWN

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 02:44:57PM -0700, Matt Graham wrote:
> After a long battle with technology, Mike Kershaw wrote:
> > Fresh boot:  USB works fine
> >
> > Suspend: INTERNAL usb works fine, external USB doesn't.  By this I mean,
> > the thumbprint reader and bluetooth modules activate fine, and I can
> > toggle the bluetooth module on and off and have it work as expected, but
> > all external ports are inactive.  They're detected, but they won't power
> > up devices (or see powered devices).
> >
> > It doesn't seem to matter if I have it remove the ehci/uhci modules
> > before suspend or not.
>=20
> It would really help to know the model# of the Thinkpad that's showing th=
ese=20
> symptoms.  But no, I haven't seen this happen on my T42p.  (It's a boring=
=20
> machine... everything Just Works on it (-: )

T61, 2.6.23-wireless-git kernel.  I suspect it's tied to some sort of
power management, but hadn't been able to track it down.

-m

--=20
Mike Kershaw/Dragorn <dragorn@kismetwireless.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 3546 89DF 3C9D ED80 3381  A661 D7B2 8822 738B BDB1

Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.

--rqzD5py0kzyFAOWN

--rqzD5py0kzyFAOWN--