[ltp] Backup/Recovery for laptop

Dan Sawyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 07:22:37 -0700

All,

I am paranoid about lost access and data. Not only do I maintain
separate bootable partitions on the primary drive (as below), I also use
an second cloned hard disk and adapter in the ultrabay. This allows for
bios boot selection to either drive. Backups are disk to disk, and
partimage allow for copying bootable partitions across the drives. This
creates dev-test and prod environments. It allows for installing and
testing software in the ultrabay with the potential of full rollback.
(all this is addition to network backups to a desk side system that
allow for full rollover. I have had my laptops fail three times, one
600E, one 600X, and one T41 over the last 8 or so years.) - Dan

, create seperate