[ltp] kernel ebuild for 2.6.23 with some patches may be use full for thinkpads

Jan Kundrát linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:17:45 +0200

--------------enigD92E0CC2FCC496852FC47FE7

Florian Manschwetus wrote:
> T60 with x1400 coreduo (fglrx 8.41.7)

Don't use it, it's broken. ATI recommends 8.40.4 on X1400.

> when there is some interest please reply to this mail and attach your
> hardware. Target is to get one config to support a lot of thinkpads.
> Currently we have two configs, one for pcie systems and one with agp
> support additionally enabled.

I'm a bit confused -- what are you actually trying to achieve? I'm
happily running a stock gentoo-sources kernel with iwlwifi, ati-drivers,
and tp_smapi and didn't need any fancy patches to get it work...

Cheers,
-jkt

--=20
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth