[ltp] video switching problem on Thinkpad X60

Khosrow Hassani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 04:07:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I am running Debian Etch with kernel 2.6.18 and
acpi-ibm support enabled on my IBM Thinkpad x60. the
problem is that I cannot switch between my LCD and the
external monitor. I traced the problem and found out
that
echo crt_enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/video does nothing!
people say that this is a bug in Xorg. My video card
is Intel and the driver automatically chosen on the
installation is "vesa" in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
does anybody know how to resolve this problem?
I cannot basically use my laptop for presentations!

thanks a lot,
Khosrow