[ltp] T61/intel: LCD brightness

Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:49:22 +0200

--nVMJ2NtxeReIH9PS

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 06:42:38PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Oct 2007, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > Could it be that my laptop has 15 levels instead of 7, and I need a
> > thinkpad-acpi upgrade?  (I currently have thinkpad-acpi version 0.14,
> > according to modinfo.)
>=20
> Yes.  Since you are using Ubuntu, you must use thinkpad-acpi 0.18. 0.14
> cannot handle 16 levels, because Ubuntu insists on messing with the displ=
ay
> brightness through thinkpad-acpi.
>=20
> You need a very recent kernel (2.6.22 recommended as 2.6.23.1 is broken),
> and thinkpad-acpi 0.18.

Thanks.  The kernel is 2.6.22, so it's only thinkpad-acpi I might want
to upgrade.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
CBQ is merely the oldest kid on the block - yet it is by far the least usef=
ul
qdisc and also the most complex one. I advise *against* using it. This may =
come
as something of a shock to many who fell for the 'sendmail effect', which
learns us that any complex technology which doesn't come with documentation
must be the best available.
		-- Linux Advanced Routing HOWTO

--nVMJ2NtxeReIH9PS

--nVMJ2NtxeReIH9PS--