[ltp] T61/intel: LCD brightness

Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:00:01 -0200

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Theodore Tso wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 12:17:17PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > That suggests that the 2.6.22 video module is broken?
>
> No, only that Ubuntu insists to make adjustments via thinkpad-acpi,

Ah, yes.  That issue again.

My answer to Ubuntu is, and it has always been "Don't Do That".  It is that
simple.  Either the thinkpad does it fine by itself (so you must make sure
you try to change the brightness yourself only if you get brightness up/down
from an external keyboard or somesuch), or the thinkpad has a proper ACPI
BIOS that should be used for all brightness changes in sync with whatever
X.org thinks should happen.

  Henrique Holschuh