[ltp] Apache Error: Cannot find localhost in Offline Mode

Jeffrey Franc-Law linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:34:57 +0000

Encountered a very embarrassing problem at a business meeting today.  I
was there to show-off my web based simulation software but.....

Using Suse 10.2/apache/mysql/php.  Machine is X60. I use either
localhost or 127.0.0.1 to access the local apache server.  Today, if
found that if i am NOT connected to the internet, then I am unable to
reach localhost or 127.0.0.1 via web browser. If i connect to the
internet it works, if I disconnect it stops working.  Firefox and
Konquerer just state "Firefox is currently in offline mode and can't
browse the Web."

I am able to ping localhost or 127.0.0.1 either offline or online.

I assume I have some problem with apache configuration.  Google search
revealed nothing helpful.

Any thoughts?

ciao,
jfl

--
Jeffrey Michael Franc-Law, MD, CCFP.EM, D Sport Med, EMDM
Assistant Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Alberta

PGP key at:
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/search?q=jeffrey+franc-law&searchformsubmit=Search