[ltp] WUXGA

Frank Fiene linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:26:38 +0100

On Mittwoch 31 Oktober 2007, Christoph Lechleitner wrote:
> Frank Fiene schrieb:
> > Help!
> >
> > I want to buy a new T61p with 15.4" WUXGA screen but they are not
> > available in germany!?
> >
> > Only systems with WSXGA which i don't want to have!
>
> Are you sure you want 1920x1200?
> The resolution is really impressive (149dpi), but may people consider
> this usable with Windows. Even on Linux with it's dpi adaptivity,
> some things (Websites with static layout) are not so nice to read.
>
> However, I know they are available (I have one, bought in Austria a
> few weeks ago), even with 4 GB RAM, but perhaps Lenovo as well as
> dealers don't want to recommend resp. advertise machines that will
> disappoint most customers due to the extreme dpi and due to some
> 32bit OSes not supporting the full 4 Gig RAM.
>
> In theory I could even sell you one (we do HW/SW dealing, yet only
> for special customers), but I'm sure you 'll find one available (yet
> perhaps not for immediate delivery) in Germany.

OK, i found one.

And yes, i need this screen resolution, i have a Z61p at the moment with
the same screen. But i need a faster CPU, mine is only 2.0GHz. ;-)

Hmm, maybe i will wait if QuadCore and BlueRay is available. So for T70p
or so. :-)

--
Frank Fiene / IT-Services
Fon: +49 2526 29-6200

VEKA AG
Dieselstr. 8
48324 Sendenhorst
Deutschland/Germany

Vorstand: Andreas Hartleif (Vorsitzender), Dr. Andreas W. Hillebrand
		Bonifatius Eichwald, Elke Hartleif, Dr. Werner Schuler
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Heinrich Laumann
HRB 8282 AG Münster