[ltp] Brightness and Suspend on T61 6459-CTO

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:20:09 -0700

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:58:26 -0700 (PDT)
mstralka <mstralka@gmail.com> dijo:

> > Same here, but I did discover that it works if I close the lid instead
> > of doing Fn-F4. That is, if I close the lid it suspends, and when I
> > open the lid it restores correctly. If I use Fn-F4 it suspends
> > correctly, but I cannot get it back. According to the instructions from
> > Lenovo to restore you just hit Fn, but that does not work. I have to
> > shut down with the power switch and restart.
> > --
> >

> What happens on yours when you execute the following from the command line?
> xbacklight -set 100
> Does it work for you?

First I had to install xbacklight. Afterwards, this is what I got:

jjj@Devil7:~$ xbacklight -set 100
No outputs have backlight property

It didn't change the brightness. I don't know what that means.

I should add that when I use Fn-Home and Fn-End a little window pops up
on the screen and it appears to let me change the brightness, except
that the brightness does not change. The progress bar goes up and down,
but nothing happens to the screen brightness setting.

> I just tried closing the lid.  It went to sleep but when it woke up, the
> screen was blank.  The caps lock key did work for a bit, then it stopped.  I
> had to do a hard-restart.

Hmmm. I don't know why the lid works for me but not for you.