[ltp] Fedora on X60s -- newbie pointers

Mon, 3 Sep 2007 11:23:38 +0300

--yEPQxsgoJgBvi8ip

On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 08:29:32PM -0400, Adrian Walker wrote:
> As a newbie to installing RedHat linux on a Lenovo X60s, I received some
> good advice from the list, for which many thanks.
>=20
> Fedora is now running fine on the X60s, except for wireless and screen
> brightness control.
<snip>
> Hope this helps.  Any hints about controlling screen brightness without
> recompiling the kernel much appreciated.

As a workaround you could install xbacklight and control the screen
brightness from an xterm.

> Likewise for enabling wireless.

It would help if you told us which of the three possible WiFi options
you have in your X60.

Cheers,
Marius Gedminas
--=20
Hanlon's Razor:
        Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained
        by stupidity.

--yEPQxsgoJgBvi8ip

--yEPQxsgoJgBvi8ip--