[ltp] Upgrading a T30

Atul Chitnis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 18:28:28 +0530 (IST)

Hi all,

I have an old Thinkpad T30, 256 MB DDR RAM with 1 40 GB hard disk (PATA)
that has been gathering dust since I switched to an X60s (2 GB DDR2 RAM,
recently upgraded to 160 GB SATA disk).

I want to make the T30 more useful, and want to add more RAM and hard disk
space.

Questions:

1. How much RAM can this machine take? It uses DDR modules, and the
    official limit is 1 GB, but I have been told that 2 GB is possible?

2. What is the maximum size of hard disk that the machine can handle?
    Someone told me 80 GB, but is that true? I'd rather throw in a 160 GB
    Hitachi disk if it is supported.

Many thanks in advance!

Atul

--