[ltp] Gpsd & friends

Tue, 4 Sep 2007 18:42:49 +0300

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 10:13:34AM -0400, bhaskins@chartermi.net wrote:
> I seem to have lost Gpd, Xgps, and even cat /dev/ttyUSB0 on
> all of my Fedora after FC5 and Ubuntu after about Daffy installations.

"Daffy"?

> I use the Earthmate LT-20 and it is part of my boats
> navigation system so this is a big item for me.
> None of these give anything like error messages, they
> just don't do anything.

When you plug in the USB plug, running 'dmesg' in a terminal should show
you a bunch of messages about a new USB device and what /dev/ttyUSBx
number it got (or, alternatively, a bunch of error messages).

Do other USB devices work for you?

(USB on old T42 broke down in an interesting way: USB1 devices work
normally, but USB2 devices fail.  I think it's a hardware failure,
although I'm not quite sure how it can be.)

Marius Gedminas
--=20
1 4m 5o 3l337! just got r00t on this <a href=3D"127.0.0.1">k3wl site</a> j00
sux0r5!

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl--