[ltp] Suspend failing on T60

Wed, 5 Sep 2007 20:12:36 +0300

--WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 07:53:07AM -0400, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 10:47:49AM +0200, Kiko Piris wrote:
> > On 04/09/2007 at 21:17 -0400, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
> >=20
> > > Whether I shut the lid, or click "suspend" on the Gnome Power
> > > Manager icon, I simply get a message saying that suspend has
> > > failed, with a link for more information which doesn't
> > > actually say anything useful. There's nothing helpful in
> > > /var/log/syslog, and I'm not sure where else to check,
> >=20
> > Does /var/log/acpid sany anything?
>=20
> No, there's nothing generated to /var/log/acpid on an attempted
> suspend.

And there shouldn't be, if you initiate the suspend from Gnome Power
Manager -- acpid log only includes events such as closing the lid or
pressing Fn-F4.

Gnome-power-manager logs go to /var/log/messages and /var/log/user.log,
not tu /var/log/syslog.  dmesg might also contain interesting
information (such as whether g-p-m scripts went as far as to ask the
kernel to sleep or not).

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Un*x admins know what they are doing by definition.
        -- Bernd Petrovitsch

--WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu

--WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu--