[ltp] Suspend failing on T60

Jesse Sheidlower linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 21:36:00 -0400

Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> so does a CLI call like
> hibernate
> or
> hibernate-ram
>
> work? is it suspending?

Ah, that explains it, thank you! No, calling it from the
command line showed that there was a configuration problem in
one of the hibernate.conf files (I had added something to
attempt to address a network problem). When I fixed this,
suspend worked again.

I didn't know _what_ command was the CLI equivalent to
what happened on lid-close.

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 08:12:36PM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 07:53:07AM -0400, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:

> > > Does /var/log/acpid sany anything?
> >
> > No, there's nothing generated to /var/log/acpid on an attempted
> > suspend.
>
> And there shouldn't be, if you initiate the suspend from Gnome Power
> Manager -- acpid log only includes events such as closing the lid or
> pressing Fn-F4.
>
> Gnome-power-manager logs go to /var/log/messages and /var/log/user.log,
> not tu /var/log/syslog.  dmesg might also contain interesting
> information (such as whether g-p-m scripts went as far as to ask the
> kernel to sleep or not).

In this case none of these logs were written to with anything useful.

Thanks all,

Jesse Sheidlower