[ltp] Screen Blanks on Lid closure X60: Can I stop this?

Fri, 07 Sep 2007 08:11:11 +0200

    Jeffrey> The external screen blanks on lid closure on my X60, suse
    Jeffrey> 10.2.  I would like to be able to close the lid when I
    Jeffrey> have the X60 on the ultrabase and I am using the external
    Jeffrey> monitor.

Disclaimer: I don't use suse, but rather debian.

This is most likely controlled by acpid.  If you look in /etc/acpi,
you will find many scripts, and most likely one called something like
lid.sh.  This is in turn is probably invoked by a script like
/etc/acpi/events/lidbtn  (to find the right file
			 grep "event.*lid" /etc/acpi/events/*
)

On the other hand, if the gnome or kde power save interfaces are
running, then you may be able to control the lid action from there.

I hope things are at least a bit similar in SuSE...

David