[ltp] Radeon: hot-swap VGA-out monitor

Andrey Kislyuk linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 07 Sep 2007 09:48:04 -0400

> Andrey, do you have any idea how the monitor hotplug works in Xorg 7.3?  I
> read the release notes, which say that this functionality is implemented by
> xrandr 1.2; however, I already have xrandr 1.2.0 installed on my machine, so
> I'm not sure it will give me anything I don't already have.

You need not only xrandr 1.2, but also >=libxrandr-1.2.1,
xorg-server-1.3, libdrm-git, and xf86-video-ati-git. (These are now out
as part of xorg 7.3.) The easiest way I've found to use display hotplug
is to run randr --auto when adding or removing a display, and configure
the resolution of each output. This can be completely automated in a
udev rule, but I haven't seen one yet.

-ak