[ltp] T61p with nVIDIA Quadro FX 570M / WUXGA on 15.4' ?

Mario Theodoridis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:34:52 -0700 (PDT)

> Quick scan of the archives and nothing definitive - briefly, can anyone
> tell me if the T61p with nVIDIA Quadro FX 570M works well under linux?
> Very general question I know!  I'm after the best build/graphics
> Thinkpad available - dual-boot - only need tip-top graphics power in
> Windows - but it has to be functional in Linux!

Don't know.

> Any gotchas with the T61p with this card?
>
> Also, is 1920x1200 WUXGA only readable by small animals on a 15.4"
> screen or is it ok for humans too?  I'm very happy with 1400x1050 on a
> 14.1" T40, as a comparison point.

I thought this too until i got t42p which has 15" 1600x1200 UXGA. I
worried about this coming from a CRT background. It turned out that this
was not an issue for me as it was ok to move a little closer to the screen
without eye strain. I would never want to settle for less that that again.

Your milage may vary.

mario;>