[ltp] T61p with nVIDIA Quadro FX 570M / WUXGA on 15.4" ?

Takis Diakoumis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:19:30 +1000

Hi

i have just finished setting up a new T61 14.1" with debian testing. it
has the nvidia quadro nvs 140m. i didn't try the xorg nvidia driver as i
had read it didn't work (i probably should have tried it anyway - i
didn't and will later now). i initially tried the vesa driver and it
worked fine giving me the full 1400x1050 resolution (glx issues
though).

i then installed the nvidia proprietary driver and it gives me almost
everything. the config utlity is great for second screen config also and
has worked with all monitors and the one projector i have attached it to
thus far.

it won't come out of suspend/hibernate though and this is apparently due
to the video. i am yet to confirm that the video is indeed the culprit
but all docs i've read on setting one of these up has said so. will
attack this again later.

this is my third day running with this machine at work and all is well.
a few more things to configure but so far so good and the video has been
the least of my issues.

Takis