[ltp] T61p with nVIDIA Quadro FX 570M / WUXGA on 15.4" ?

Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:09:01 +0300

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 07:22:22PM +0100, Robin Randhawa wrote:
> I forgot to mention that there is a nasty (and well reported) kernel
> message that pops up after about 15 minutes of use and is along the
> lines of :
>=20
> [102977.848000] irq 21: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll"
> option)
=2E..
> [102977.848000] [<f88736a0>] (usb_hcd_irq+0x0/0x60 [usbcore])
> [102977.848000] Disabling IRQ #21

I get this one too (sometimes the IRQ is #23).  It seems to affect the
function of the two USB ports on the right: if I plug in a new device,
it doesn't get discovered immediatelly, but if I had one plugged in
before, it continues to work.

Could it be the unsupported Ricoh multi-card reader issuing an interrupt
without a driver to handle it?

> This has been plaguing me ever since I first installed Linux on my
> laptop. A couple of months ago, this message was accompanied with a
> hang. Of late, things seem to move on irrespective.

I got my laptop about five weeks ago and seem to have missed the hangs.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
An NT server can be run by an idiot, and usually is.

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH--