[ltp] radeon card and kernels 2.6.20 to 2.6.22 ?

Christoph Lechleitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:01:06 +0200

Dan Sawyer schrieb:
> All,
>
> The system is a T41. The config for 2.6.20 kernels worked correctly,
> loaded radeon fb modules, and suspended with normal power.
>
> After updating to a 2.6.22.6 kernel the radeon modules are no longer
> loaded. A module backlight and video are loaded.
>
> Is this normal? Are there release notes somewhere?

I had my T41 bought with the 2200 card pre-installed and never any problems.
(Except Linux did'nt have a driver by default, back in 2004)

Did you check if there is eventually a BIOS or Embedded Controller update from
IBM? (They come in pairs usually)

kr

Christoph