[ltp] suspend2 with nV Quadro 140M on R61

onion linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Sep 2007 20:03:11 +0200

Hi,
a few days ago, I finally got suspend2 to work with my new R61 - at leas=
t  =

that was what I tought. Unfortunately, after resuming from suspend  =

(suspend-to-RAM, suspend-to-disk doesn't work yet but I don't care about=
  =

that - I'm interested in suspend-to-ram) CPU usage goes to 100% and stay=
s  =

there (sometimes I get even 102% or 103% CPU usage :D ). Process consumi=
ng  =

all the CPU time is X.org - when I restart X (/etc/init.d/xdm restart)  =

everything goes back to normal. Well ... sort of. Nvidia driver has  =

unfortunately problem with the G86 core used by my GPU and for ex.  =

dragging window across the desktop is quite CPU intensive - it can get  =

even as high as ~50%! :( ).

I'm using nvidia-drivers 100.14.11 (issue persists in 100.14.09, I even =
 =

tried 9755 but with that, it didn't worked at all), direct rendering is =
on  =

(glxinfo)
My kernel is suspend2-sources 2.6.22-1
My xorg.conf: http://pastebin.com/f44c5d44e
My .config: http://pastebin.com/f6037e5f1

There's thread at NvNews discussing the very same problem, but guys from=
  =

nV are saying they can't reproduce the problem :( (but apparently I'm no=
t  =

the only one with this problem).
Thread at NvNews:  =

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3D87865&page=3D1

I tried Gnome (Metacity) and Xfce (fwvm) - it doesn't change anything,  =

graphical performance is really poor in both. I tried using vesa driver,=
  =

but I couldn't get the WSXGA+ resolution (1680x1050) out of it. Only i g=
ot  =

was 1280x1024 :/ (that looked really HORRIBLE)

I think both problems are closely connected to each other, but I can't  =

find any solution. I would really appreciate if somebody could help me o=
ut.

Thanks a LOT for any help & tips.
Peter