[ltp] suspend2 with nV Quadro 140M on R61

Christoph Lechleitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:33:04 +0200

We are having similar discussions in Ubunutu's Launchpad, too.

We found kind of a solution which rules out any 2D/3D graphics acceleration but
allows to suspend/resume at least on my 3 weeks old T61p and some other recent
T6x/R6x models:

With thinkpad_acpi 0.16 (!) patches applied to 2.6.22 kernel (ubuntu's kernel
from package linux-source-2.6.22 in our case), and with VESA driver only, it
works perfectly so far for us.

The discussion and some links can be found at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+bug/129125

I know it's not eye candy not to have satisfying GLX etc., but I consider
working suspend/resume much more important than say playing with GoogleEarth.

kr Christoph