[ltp] T41p: Spurious LAN connection problems

Jim Rockford linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:34:28 -0400

------=_Part_17040_2557255.1190126068106

I have had a T41p for over 3 years and it has performed flawlessly, until
now.  Recently it has spuriously been dropping by ethernet (LAN)
connection.  It does seem to happen more often if the laptop has been
running for a few hours, so perhaps it's a heat related issue.  Nonetheless,
I fear that the board may need replacing, but I don't know how to pinpoint
the problem more accurately.  This LAN problem occurs both in Fedora Core 5
and WinXP, so it's not an OS issue or some sort of virus.

Has anyone else experienced spurious LAN connection problems?  How did you
deal with the problem?

Thanks,
Jim