[ltp] Horizontal interrupt

Daniel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 20:21:12 +0200

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 01:21:46PM -0400, bhaskins@chartermi.net wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to pick up the start of the horizontal sweep.
> Another way to say this is to read or generate an interrupt at the start of the speep(how?).
> I know that I could pick this off of the vga connector in the back but I would really like to find a cleaner, nicer way.

Umm... What exactly do you want? Do you want an interrupt everytime the
card would issue a horizontal sweep (for an analog output) or
start transmitting a new row (in case of digital outputs? I do not think
such a thing is available on most cards, given that it is rather useless
for most applications. Also keep in mind that at 60 Hz vertical refresh
and 768 lines, this interrupt would trigger at a frequency of 46 kHz.

regards,
Daniel