[ltp] Re: Thinkpad R61 ALPS-pad and trackpointer undetected

Sébastien Mazy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:25:23 +0200

Hello,

> My Thinkpad R61 has an ALPS pad and a trackpointer (UltraNav). The
> devices only get detected as generic PS/2 mouse though. I enabled
> the DEBUG mode of the "alps.c" driver and attached the info below.

> The trackpointer also remains undetected. "trackpoint.c" has no debug
> mode, so i can't really attach usefull infos. Also, the content in
> "/sys/devices/platform/i8042/" doesn't seem to have any of the special
> info which are described on:
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Patch_to_enable_advanced_trackpoint_configu=
ration

I have the very same laptop as you ("89185QG ThinkPad R61" and also
the same problem with the trackpoint configuration and linux 2.6.22. I
was wondering if you had solved your problem by now.

Thanks.

Sébastien Mazy