[ltp] Thinkpad warranty not covering screen white spots damage?

dasDasein linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:57:40 -0400

------=_Part_46953_22376714.1190649460698

I called IBM service last week for my Thinkpad x40 which is still under
warranty until December.  I explained that it has been getting white spots
on the screen.  They sent a box for it to ship and after a few days I have
received a call that they have removed the screen for testing and all check
out O.K. EXCEPT for the white spots, which they tell me is due to pressure
damage and is not covered under warranty.

Has any one else experienced this.  Have you had white spots repaired
(screen replaced) under warranty?

------=_Part_46953_22376714.1190649460698

I called IBM service last week for my Thinkpad x40 which is still under warranty until December.  I explained that it has been getting white spots on the screen.  They sent a box for it to ship and after a few days I have received a call that they have removed the screen for testing and all check out
O.K. EXCEPT for the white spots, which they tell me is due to pressure damage and is not covered under warranty.<br><br>Has any one else experienced this.&nbsp; Have you had white spots repaired (screen replaced) under warranty?

------=_Part_46953_22376714.1190649460698--