[ltp] Thinkpad warranty not covering screen white spots damage?

Tue, 25 Sep 2007 00:16:58 +0100

James Knott wrote:
> dasDasein wrote:
>> I called IBM service last week for my Thinkpad x40 which is still
>> under warranty until December.  I explained that it has been getting
>> white spots on the screen.  They sent a box for it to ship and after a
>> few days I have received a call that they have removed the screen for
>> testing and all check out O.K. EXCEPT for the white spots, which they
>> tell me is due to pressure damage and is not covered under warranty.

If you just have regular dirt, the best cleaner in my experience is the
stuff designed for camera lenses. This is designed for coated lenses
(the ones with the purple "bloom" on the front), and so is very gentle
with the display.

Richard