[ltp] Re: thinkpad t41 draws 2 watts during suspend

Dan Sawyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:53:08 -0700

--------------020705060507080307080003

Thank you. modprobe.conf loads radeonfb however it is not loaded. I am
not sure what driver is controlling the video. How can that be
determined? Is there a tool that shows the link between the h/w config
and the s/w config.

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 02:06:12PM +0000, Volker Braun wrote:
>
>> If you would suffer from the radeon D2 bug then you'd burn about 5W, so
>> that is not it. Turn off WOL.
>>

> When I suffered from the radeon D2 bug, my T42 drew about 2--2.5W during
> sleep.  Modprobing radeonfb brought it down to about 0.5W.
>
> My new laptop has intel video, so I don't know if radeonfb is supposed
> to work with new kernels.
>
> Marius Gedminas

--------------020705060507080307080003

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Thank you. modprobe.conf loads radeonfb however it is not loaded. I am
not sure what driver is controlling the video. How can that be
determined? Is there a tool that shows the link between the h/w config
and the s/w config. <br>
Marius Gedminas wrote:
    <pre wrap="">If you would suffer from the radeon D2 bug then you'd burn about 5W, so
that is not it. Turn off WOL.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->