[ltp] Re: thinkpad t41 draws 2 watts during suspend

Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:11:31 -0400

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 08:53:08PM -0700, Dan Sawyer wrote:
> Thank you. modprobe.conf loads radeonfb however it is not loaded.

Well, modprobe.conf doesn't control what modules are loaded, you need
/etc/modules for that.  modprobe.conf (which has been superseded these
days by /etc/modutils/*) can only specify options for modules.

Have you tried 'modprobe radeonfb' manually before suspending?

> I am not=20
> sure what driver is controlling the video. How can that be determined?

There's more than one, usually.  The X window system has its own driver
(but I don't know whether it does any power management on suspend), and
you can see which one it is in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.  The kernel also has
its own (vesafb/radeonfb), and you can probably figure out which one is
loaded by looking at dmesg.  Alternatively the kernel can use old-style
VGA text modes without any ***fb drivers loaded.

> Is=20
> there a tool that shows the link between the h/w config and the s/w confi=
g.

I don't know, but there could be.  I think all the information can be
extracted from the /sys tree.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
User n.:
        A programmer who will believe anything you tell him.

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw--