[ltp] Re: thinkpad t41 draws 2 watts during suspend

Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:52:37 -0400

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 02:46:31PM +0200, Claudio Pascalis wrote:
> Am Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:11:31 -0400
> schrieb Marius Gedminas <mgedmin@b4net.lt>:
>=20
> I just want to ask how do you figure out how many watts your lap needs
> in sleep mode?
> Do you use a tool which is connected between lap and socket or can you
> do it with a software on your lap?

thinkwiki had a script for that:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ACPI_sleep_power_drain_test_script

It's essentially looking at the difference in the remaining capacity
field in /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state (which is in mWh) and dividing
that by the number of hours you left the laptop suspended.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
C gives you enough rope to hang yourself. C++ also gives you the tree objec=
t to
tie it to.

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o--