[ltp] (fwd) [lm-sensors] lm-sensors 3.0.0-rc1 has been released!

Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:16:37 -0300

--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87

lm-sensors 3.0.0 releases are relevant because thinkpad-acpi enforces
lm-sensors 3.0.0 as the userspace ABI to get to the exported sensors through
sysfs.

BTW: lm-sensors 3.0.0 will require thinkpad-acpi 0.16-20070925 (which I just
released) or newer to work due to previous versions of thinkpad-acpi missing
the "name" attribute.

Thinkpad-acpi procfs access to the sensors is still there, but it *is*
deprecated, and I expect it will die in less than one year.

Let me repeat it: any userspace applications that want to interface to
thinkpad-acpi to get temperatures and fan speed, etc *are* to use
libsensors4 from lm-sensors 3.0.0 and later.

So maybe the early adopters among you guys might want to take a look on
lm-sensors 3.0.0 :-)  I know I will.

  Henrique Holschuh

--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87