[ltp] Re: thinkpad t41 draws 2 watts during suspend

Dan Sawyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:31:31 -0700

--------------010403080806090807090904

Thank you. I tried that. I added the following to grub:
video=radeonfb:force_sleep

The Xorg log does not show this as an option. It and Radeon appear
active and creating a log. However it does not show up as a module and
normal means of passing parameters to it do not appear to work.

Thanks - Dan

Frédéric BOITEUX wrote:
> Le mar 25 sep 2007 17:42:54 CEST, Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@earthlink.net>
> a écrit :
>

>> Systems based on 2.6.20.4 kernels work. Systems based on 2.6.21.1 don't
>> work. The root issue appears to be the kernel management of radeonfb. A
>> list of the elements built show the same files in the ./drivers
>> directory. The kernel no longer manages radeonfb in the same way, it is
>> not managed as a module via lsmod. The status output has moved from
>> dmesg to /var/log/Xlog. The working kernel log shows it recognizing the
>> thinkpad. The non working one does not.
>>
>> How is radoenfb being managed? (It is included in initrd via
>> /etc/sysconfig/initrd)
>> How can a load parameter be passed in this situation?
>>

> 	Hello,
>
>   To start radeonfb on my 2.6.22 Linux kernel, I give 'video=radeonfb'
> on the kernel command line (in Grub...).
>
> 	Hope it helps...
>
> 		Fred.

--------------010403080806090807090904

<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
Thank you. I tried that. I added the following to grub:
video=radeonfb:force_sleep <br>
The Xorg log does not show this as an option. It and Radeon appear
active and creating a log. However it does not show up as a module and
normal means of passing parameters to it do not appear to work. <br>
Thanks - Dan <br>
Frédéric BOITEUX wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Le mar 25 sep 2007 17:42:54 CEST, Dan Sawyer <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:dansawyer@earthlink.net">&lt;dansawyer@earthlink.net&gt;</a>
    <pre wrap="">Systems based on 2.6.20.4 kernels work. Systems based on 2.6.21.1 don't
work. The root issue appears to be the kernel management of radeonfb. A
list of the elements built show the same files in the ./drivers
directory. The kernel no longer manages radeonfb in the same way, it is
not managed as a module via lsmod. The status output has moved from
dmesg to /var/log/Xlog. The working kernel log shows it recognizing the
thinkpad. The non working one does not.

How is radoenfb being managed? (It is included in initrd via
/etc/sysconfig/initrd)
How can a load parameter be passed in this situation?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->