[ltp] Re: thinkpad t41 draws 2 watts during suspend

Frédéric BOITEUX linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:38:32 +0200

Le mer 26 sep 2007 06:31:31 CEST, Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@earthlink.net>
a écrit :

> Thank you. I tried that. I added the following to grub:
> video=radeonfb:force_sleep
>
> The Xorg log does not show this as an option. It and Radeon appear
> active and creating a log. However it does not show up as a module and
> normal means of passing parameters to it do not appear to work.

  Check your kernel config ; mine has following defines about radeon :

$ grep -i radeon /boot/config-$(uname -r)
CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m
CONFIG_FB_RADEON=m
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C=y
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_BACKLIGHT=y
# CONFIG_FB_RADEON_DEBUG is not set

Perhaps the radeonfb isn't compiled as a module : included in the
kernel... or not compiled at all ?

	Fred.