[ltp] Re: thinkpad t41 draws 2 watts during suspend

Dan Sawyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:46:20 -0700

--------------030309070908060702060509

Thank you for the reply, here is the config:

CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m
CONFIG_FB_RADEON=m
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C=y
# CONFIG_FB_RADEON_BACKLIGHT is not set
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_DEBUG=y

Xorg reports radeon is active. I am not sure what is happening.

(the drm option really helps graphics!)

- Dan

Frédéric BOITEUX wrote:
> Le mer 26 sep 2007 06:31:31 CEST, Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@earthlink.net>
> a écrit :
>

>> Thank you. I tried that. I added the following to grub:
>> video=radeonfb:force_sleep
>>
>> The Xorg log does not show this as an option. It and Radeon appear
>> active and creating a log. However it does not show up as a module and
>> normal means of passing parameters to it do not appear to work.
>>

>   Check your kernel config ; mine has following defines about radeon :
>
> $ grep -i radeon /boot/config-$(uname -r)
> CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m
> CONFIG_FB_RADEON=m
> CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C=y
> CONFIG_FB_RADEON_BACKLIGHT=y
> # CONFIG_FB_RADEON_DEBUG is not set
>
> Perhaps the radeonfb isn't compiled as a module : included in the
> kernel... or not compiled at all ?
>
> 	Fred.

--------------030309070908060702060509

<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
Thank you for the reply, here is the config:<br>
CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m<br>
CONFIG_FB_RADEON=m<br>
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C=y<br>
# CONFIG_FB_RADEON_BACKLIGHT is not set<br>
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_DEBUG=y<br>
Xorg reports radeon is active. I am not sure what is happening. <br>
(the drm option really helps graphics!) <br>
- Dan <br>
Frédéric BOITEUX wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Le mer 26 sep 2007 06:31:31 CEST, Dan Sawyer <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:dansawyer@earthlink.net">&lt;dansawyer@earthlink.net&gt;</a>
    <pre wrap="">Thank you. I tried that. I added the following to grub:
video=radeonfb:force_sleep

The Xorg log does not show this as an option. It and Radeon appear
active and creating a log. However it does not show up as a module and
normal means of passing parameters to it do not appear to work.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->