[ltp] Wireless with T60p and Fedora 7

Mike Kershaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:25:23 -0400

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 11:19:43AM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
> Greg Sieranski(greg.sieranski@quoininc.com) is reported to have said:
> > I have a  Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5418 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless PC=
I=20
> > Express Adapter (rev 01) on my Thinkpad T60p running Fedora 7. I have b=
een=20
> > unable to get the wireless up and running. I have tried the madwifi dri=
ver=20
> > with minimal success and most attempts ending with the driver causing a=
=20
> > Kernal error. Has anyone been able to get wireless working under F7 wit=
h=20
> > the AR5418 card?
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>=20
> Have you checked the madwife Compatability page to see if it is listed
> as working with Linux?

The atheros ABGN stuff has questionable support to the best of my
knowledge - in some cases it mostly works, in others it doesn't.  I
don't believe it's officially supported by any linux drivers currently,
but your best bet would be very recent madwifi-ng.  As far as I know the
ath5k drivers haven't begun to target the newer chipsets.

Depending on your budget, the intel 4965 abgn card works quite well with
the iwlwifi drivers, it may be a much shorter route to just get one of
those and replace the atheros.

-m

--=20
Mike Kershaw/Dragorn <dragorn@kismetwireless.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 3546 89DF 3C9D ED80 3381  A661 D7B2 8822 738B BDB1

"A baby seal walks into a club..."

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1--