[ltp] Wireless with T60p and Fedora 7

Jeffrey Franc-Law linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:19:46 +0000

I worked on this for several days....finally gave up and replaced the
mini-pci card with the Intel 3945.  I contacted the salesperson I had
bought the machine from, and they actually sent me the pci card for
free.  I installed it myself with minimal trouble and moderate anxiety.

Google search seemed to reveal that a few people had got the 5418
working with madwifi:  apparently this is the same as one of the Apple
"airport" (or whatever they are called): however, it appears that most
people were not able to get this to work.

madwifi does NOT list this as a compatible card when I last checked.

Under the 32 bit systems it appears it will work with ndiswrapper,
however, i could not get the 64 bit ndiswrapper to work with the 64 bit
windows drivers for vista.

ciao,
jfl

--
Jeffrey Michael Franc-Law, MD, CCFP.EM, D Sport Med, EMDM
Assistant Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Alberta