[ltp] trackpoint doesn't recognized (2.6.23.17)

Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:59:50 +0100

Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Richard Neill wrote:

>>> I am many years owner of thinkpads+linux, but recently got a problem
>>> with my x61s. Everything worked fine (except some buttons) for me until
>>> I decided to upgrade kernel from 2.6.21.5 to 2.6.23.17.
>>>

>> 2 possible thoughts:
>>
>> 1)sometimes the serio device that you have to tweak changes between
>> serio1, serio0 and serio2. I don't know why it's volatile, but you might
>> check for the others.  If you have a "sensitivity" file somewhere, then
>> the TP is probably working OK.
>
> no, I checked all serio*. And I checked dmesg output - no trackpoint was
> detected
>

>> 2)A mistake I sometimes make is to do
>>   sudo PROGRAM > FILENAME
>
> no, I did as root.

One more thought: what happens if you dmesg | grep -i trackpoint ?
I get this:

$ dmesg | grep -i trackpoint
[   25.078968] IBM TrackPoint firmware: 0x0e, buttons: 3/3
[   25.331344] input: TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint as /class/input/input4

Also, could this possibly be related to the synaptics driver?

Richard