[ltp] Thinkpad X61s iwlwifi 4965 LED

Peter Frühberger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 21:50:54 +0200

--nextPart1992839.gXiOuzgTGW

Hi Tim,
Am Montag 07 April 2008 21:45:42 schrieb Tim Niemeyer:
> Hallo Peter,
>
> same Notebook here...
>
> On windose it did work out of the box. Unter linux i integrated the led
> patch. The led ilumns only when i'm really connected, to only load the
> iwl* driver isn't enough.

You have exactly the same wifi card? 4965 AGN?
So i have to call the support

Peter

> greez
>
> * Peter Fr=C3=BChberger <peter.fruehberger@gmail.com> [07-04-08 18:48]:
> > From: Peter Fr=C3=BChberger <peter.fruehberger@gmail.com>
> > To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
> > Subject: [ltp] Thinkpad X61s iwlwifi 4965 LED
> > Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 18:48:08 +0200
> >
> > Hi together, the following could be a bit (nearly half) off topic.
> >
> > I own the Thinkpad from $subject with the following integrated
> >
> > Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN Network Connection (rev
> > 61)
> >
> > Wireless Controller.
> >
> > I have the following problem:
> >
> > iwlwifi recently released an LED patch for having the wifi LED working
> > (little green status indicator next left to bluetooth).
> >
> > I applied the patches properly and also got a message in dmesg that TX
> > and RX are connected to a LED - but there is no reaction to the light -
> > it just stays off.
> >
> > So i booted into windows vista (nearly never did this, since owning my
> > thinkpad) for testing the LED here - but i wondered the Light was even
> > NOT working here.
> >
> > Don` t need to say wireless is working without issues, only the light
> > stays off. I upgraded everything in windows vista with the system update
> > from lenovo - but the light stays off.
> >
> > I informed myself about "non legal" wireless devices in thinkpads, which
> > show the same phenomen, namely no light if wireless is on - as I bought
> > mine completely legally from an IBM partner for stundents
> > (www.nofost.de) and did not change a component (especially wireless)
> > myself, i think this is curious.
> >

> > Does someone of you own an X61s and has ever seen the light on with this
> > 4965 wireless hardware in windows or in linux?
> >
> > If not - i would call technical hotline and ask if they could fix
> > their ?firmware? or whatever is needed to get it to light.
> >
> > Thx for your answers
> > Peter
> >
> > PS: Sorry about the english language
> >
> > --
>
> Tim Niemeyer

=2D-=20
"The Death of One is a tragedy, the Death of Millions is just a statistic" =
=2D=20
M.M.

		    Key-ID:     0x1A995A9B
		    keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=46ingerprint: 4606 DA19 EC2E 9A0B 0157  C81B DA07 CF63 1A99 5A9B